Monday, April 30, 2018

Differences and Similarities of Alzheimer's and Parkinson's Diseases


The other day after watching the Alzheimer's Disease (AD) segment in the 60 Minutes TV show reminded me that I am lucky that my wife has only Parkinson Disease(PD) and not Alzheimer's Disease (PD). I wish though that my wife's PD will disappear but as of today there is no cure for both PD and/or AD.

For those of you who have no relatives or loved ones suffering from either PD or AD, I call you the Chosen and Lucky Ones. You will only fully understand the previous sentence unless you have experienced being a Primary Care Giver to a Loved One suffering from a neurological disorder such as PD or AD.

Do you know the Differences and Similarities between PD and AD? Here's are two references for your information and reading pleasure.

1. https://journeywithparkinsons.com/2015/06/10/a-comparison-of-parkinsons-to-alzheimers/

2. https://www.brightfocus.org/alzheimers/article/alzheimers-and-parkinsons-disease-similarities-and-differences

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...