Wednesday, March 29, 2017

My Collection of Miniature Liqueur Bottles

Do you collect Miniature Liqueur or mini Bottles of Liqueur? I started collecting miniature liqueur bottles in the late 1980's. I stopped after I retired from FDA in 2002. So I only have a small collection, but I enjoyed looking at them every now and then.


A miniature is a small bottle of a spirit, liqueur or other alcoholic beverage. Their contents, typically 50ml, are intended to comprise an individual serving.

Part of My Collection

Some of My Favorites

Miniatures may be used as gifts, samples, or for promotional purposes. In the Northeastern United States they are known as "Nips", and referred to elsewhere as "airplane bottles". They are sometimes available in hotel mini-bars, on trains and planes, and in other circumstances where serving from a full size bottle is impractical or uneconomical.

My small collections with our a mini plate souvenir photos from Gibraltar sandwiching the mini San Miguel beer, Pale Pilsen mini bottle from the Philippines

These mini bottles are sometimes sold in sets, allowing the comparative tasting of different types of beverage. They are also sold in gift sets with a corresponding drinking glass. Miniatures are collected by some people, and I am one of them. I have only a small collection numbering only about 70 bottles.


My recent purchase of 2 sets of Mini-Jim Beam and Jack Daniels

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...