Thursday, May 16, 2024

Some Items Saved from Downsizing Move

The other day, I posted my indoor plants that survived my downsizing move last year. Today's posting is on some of the old items ( furnitures and knick knacks), that I was able to bring with me here at THD.  These items make me feel at home and alleviates the pain and nostalgia of my downsizing move.  

When I decided to move here at THD from my single Residence home in Fair Oaks, CA last year, I had to get rid of more than half of my belongings including furnitures, household items hundred of potted plants and my numerous personal accumulations for more than 6 decades of my life here in the US.  My 2BR and 2Bath Apartment here at THD is about half the size of my 2200 sq. ft former home in Fair Oaks. 

However I was able to bring with me three old furnitures and other small items here at THD. Here are photos of my Victorian Dresser Set,  Side Table and a Secretary Desk with a Secret Compartment.  Are these antiques? I believe they are.

According to Wikipedia, An antique is an item perceived as having value because of its aesthetic or historical significance, and often defined as at least 100 years old, although the term is often used loosely to describe any object that is old.

I was also able to bring my wife's jewelry box in-laid with mother of pearl, a leather foot stool and a Wheel Picture Frame and a couple of Table Lamps. The Victorian Dresser, Side Table and  Secretary Desk with Secret Compartment, were purchased by Macrine( RIP) in 1960 in Chicago, Illinois.    

 Here are the photos.

Victorian Dresser with Stool

Secretary Desk with Secrete Compartment( hand carved) with lock 

Jewelry Box with In-laid Mother of Pearl and wine bottle decorative Cork stoppers
The Maple Mantle Clock-in the background some of miniature liquor bottles and decorative wine bottle cork stoppers
The Wheel Picture Frame Holder-with our Wedding Photo, May 8, 1957
The Leather Foot Stool-purchased by David E III in 1990



My Creation-Succulent and Cactus Terrarium

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...