Saturday, December 2, 2017

All You Want to Know About Skin Cancer but were Afraid to Ask

My mole/wart on my face looks like the one above but slightly bigger

Yesterday I went to see a Dermatologist at the urgings of my son and spouse worried of my mole/wart under my eyes that appeared to be growing might be cancerous. So two weeks ago, I went to the Urgent Care Center near us. The Center sent me home since they do not do dermatology and advised me to see my physician or a dermatologist. I immediately called my family physician and was able to make an appointment two days ago. She advised me to see a dermatologist. The dermatologist she referred me can not see me until February, so I googled a list of Dermatologist in our area. I was able to find one who saw me yesterday.

The last time I saw a dermatologist was about 5 years ago for a mole on my neck. It took me a 3-months wait to see him and I have to drive all the way to mid town Sacramento. The dermatologist I saw yesterday was only a 15 minute drive from our house. The charming dermatologist has also good bedside manners and his nurse is originally from the Philippines. He took the mole/wart under my eyes in less than one minute. It felt like a bee sting and it bleed for more than five minutes, but it is not cancerous after a biopsy. I felt relieved. Here's a video of symptoms whether a mole is cancerous or not.

https://www.webmd.com/melanoma-skin-cancer/video/mole-or-skin-cancer

For All you want to Know about Skin Cancer but were afraid to ask, read the following:

https://www.cancer.org/cancer/skin-cancer.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...