Friday, December 23, 2011

Extrasensory Perception and Premonition of Death


I am a believer in Extrasensory Perception (ESP). I do not have it, but I believe my wife has the sixth sense.

There were several cases in our married life, when my wife (Macrine) would confide to me about something she just felt or dreamt about the night before. The first case was in the mid-1960s when I was still in graduate school at the University of Illinois in Chicago.

She told me one night that her mother was calling for her in her dreams. Her dream was so vivid that when she woke up, she was insistent on calling the Philippines just to check. I told her to go ahead even though it was 2 a.m. in Chicago. To our surprise, we found out that her mother was sent to the hospital due a minor heart attack that moment when she heard her calling her name.

The next day, my wife wanted to go home to the Philippines. I gave her permission in spite of the financial burden in our budget. She stayed in the Philippines for two weeks taking care of her mother. On the third week, my wife's sister also flew from US to relieve Macrine of her duties. The next day, Macrine was back in Chicago, resuming her motherly duties to our two young kids.

One week after her return, she saw her mother's apparition and felt a cold chill on her whole body. She called the Philippines and found out her Mom passed away at about the same time as she saw her mom's apparition in our apartment.

The second case happened in the mid 1990s. We were residing in Colesville, Maryland at that time. I was at work when Macrine called me and she was in a panic. She heard her uncle calling and asking for help. When I arrived from work, we received a call from her cousin in California, informing us her Dad died just a couple of hours ago. The time of her uncle's death was exactly the time when Macrine heard her uncle calling for help.

The last case of Macrine's ESP and premonition of death experiences was about 10 years ago. It was around 11 p.m. while Macrine was watching the late night news. She felt a cold hand touching her. It lasted for a few seconds. In Macrine's mind, someone in the family had died. She had already forgotten the episode when we received a call from the Philippines the next day. One of Macrine's brothers died that night, again almost at the same time as Macrine felt the cold and freezing hand touching her.

So what is ESP? According to Wikipedia:

>"Extrasensory perception (ESP) involves reception of information not gained through the recognized physical senses but sensed with the mind. The term was coined by Frederic Myers, and adopted by Duke University psychologist J. B. Rhine to denote psychic abilities such as telepathy, clairaudience, and clairvoyance, and their trans-temporal operation as precognition or retrocognition. ESP is also sometimes casually referred to as a sixth sense, gut instinct or hunch, which are historical English idioms".

How about you? Do you have ESP or the sixth sense? I will be glad to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...